Before you plan your next trip, consider an Aon travel insurance policy.
No one enjoys paying for unused vacation time, and that is what Aon Affinity travel insurance helps you avoid.
With more than three decades of experience in the travel industry, Aon is ready to provide assistance for all kinds of travel problems from emergency medical to baggage delays.
About Aon Travel Insurance
Arch Insurance Company underwrites Affinity’s policies and markets them under the name RoamRight.
More and more Americans opt to buy travel protection each year, thereby alleviating the hassles and expenses associated with delays or interruptions.
Children are included free of charge on a one-to-one basis with each paying adult traveler, making this company an ideal choice for families.
Aon’s plans adjust to your needs, offering everything from comprehensive to minimal emergency-only coverage.
The financial ability of any insurance company to meet claims is an integral part of the buying process. If every traveler makes a claim, can Aon Affinity travel insurance fulfill the obligations of its customers?
An A- rating from both Standard & Poor’s and A.M. Best suggest it can.
Even if a major natural disaster affects thousands of travelers, the company is well-positioned to handle the payouts.
Aon Travel Insurance Coverage & Plans
Here is a list of the plans and coverage offered by Aon Travel Insurance.
Elite Travel Insurance Plan
- The Elite Travel Insurance Plan is the most comprehensive plan available through Aon and lets you cancel a trip for any reason. If you have a scheduling conflict, worry about the weather, or if there’s a family emergency, this coverage kicks in to reimburse your related expenses. For each paying adult, you can add a child for free, making this an appropriate option for families and small groups. The policy comes with high coverage amounts for lost baggage or travel delays to help smooth out any issues while on the road. In addition to the listed coverage options, several add-ons and riders are available to cover unusual situations, such as high-risk sports or rental cars. You also have the option to increase medical coverage limits or upgrade your plan to be able to cancel for any reason.
Preferred Travel Insurance Plan
- The Aon Affinity Travel Insurance Preferred Plan includes a standard list of covered reasons to cancel your trip. If you have jury duty or the school year extends unexpectedly, this mid-tier coverage reimburses the cost of a canceled trip. If you purchase this coverage within 21 days of making your trip deposit, it includes preexisting conditions, so you don’t need to carry a special medical rider. For every adult policy, one child under the age of 18 is covered for free, making this a great option for anyone vacationing with kids. While the Preferred plan comes with coverage for the most common travel interruptions, it also has optional add-ons for when you might want a little extra. For example, you can purchase the ability to cancel your trip at any time with guaranteed reimbursement up to the policy maximum or upgrade your travel health insurance to handle any emergencies that crop up while you’re out of the country.
Essential Travel Insurance Plan
- When you need basic travel insurance to cover cancellations for weather, illness, or injury, the Essential Aon Travel Insurance Plan is a solid option. This basic coverage kicks in for a single scheduled trip, paying reimbursement costs for covered travel expenses. If you or a family member get sick or you need to travel back home to deal with issues such as a break-in or flood, you can skip the trip without losing your deposit or any money already paid. You can also add coverage to your existing Essential plan in order to cancel your trip for any reason. Under the standard plan, only listed unexpected circumstances provide reimbursement, but with the cancel any time coverage, you get everything back up to the policy limits, even if the issue wouldn’t be covered under the regular plan.
Pro Plus Travel Insurance Plan
- When buying a trip through a travel agent, Aon travel insurance offers the Pro Plus plan. This plan includes most of the coverage available through the Elite plan, with the notable exception of work-related cancellations. However, if you have a military deployment, or a hurricane threatens your destination, your trip expenses are covered. Besides the basic coverage options, you can also add protection for things like extreme sports activities or equipment rental. With these add-ons, you can plan a fun, adventurous vacation without worrying about any scrapes, dents, and bruises along the way.
Multi-Trip Annual/Trip Cancellation Travel Insurance Plan
- Most Aon Affinity travel insurance plans cover a single trip, but with the multi-trip annual option, you’re covered for an unlimited number of travels all year long. If a trip is fewer than 30 continuous days, it’s covered by this insurance policy. Choose a coverage level that matches your costs from one of four multi-trip policies: $2,500, $5,000, $7,500, or $10,000. Match your trip maximum with your expected costs and enjoy peace of mind when planning a visit to any location.
|Tour Operator Cancellation||Yes|
|Injury/Illness/Death of Traveler||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Injury/Illness/Death of Non-traveling Family Member||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Injury/Illness/Death of Business Partner||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Injury/Illness/Death of Host||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Injury/Illness/Death of Hosts Family or Friends|
|Natural Disaster at Destination||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Tour Operator/Airline/Cruise Line Ceases Operation||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Terrorism/Evacuation at Destination||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Home or Business Damaged||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Jury Duty/Court Appearance||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Victim of Crime Prior to Trip||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Car Accident Prior to Trip||Yes|
|Theft of Passport Prior to Trip||Yes||Yes|
|CFAR Coverage (Cancel for any reason)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Trip Cancellation||Trip cost||Trip cost||Trip cost||trip cost||Trip cost|
|Cancel for Any Reason||Trip cost|
|Trip Interruption||150 percent of trip cost||150 percent of trip cost||100 percent of trip cost||150 percent of trip cost||Trip cost|
|Interrupt for Any Reason|
|Accident and Sickness Medical Expenses||$50,000||$50,000||$15,000||$50,000 and $750 for Dental||$25,000|
|Emergency Evacuation, Medically Necessary Repatriation, and Repatriation of Remains||$1,000,000||$500,000||$150,000||$500,000||$250,000|
|Non-Medical Emergency Evacuation||$100,000|
|Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)||$25,000||$10,000||$10,000||$25,000|
|Air Flight Only AD&D||$100,000|
|Baggage and Personal Effects||$2,500||$1,000||$750||$1,000||$1,000|
|Change Fee Coverage|
|Travel Delay||$1,500, or $200 a day||$1,000 at $200 per day||$500 at $100 per day||$1,000, up to $200 per day||$1,000|
|Reimbursement of Miles or Rewards Points|
|Rental Car Damage|
Aon Travel Insurance Costs
The cost of Aon travel insurance varies depending on coverage levels, the age of the insured, the length of the trip, and several other factors. In general, price ranges between four and eight percent of the trip’s total cost.
If you’re older, the cost of insurance tends to be higher because the included medical coverage is likelier to be needed. Your destination can also impact the price of the policy; if you’re traveling somewhere with higher risks, expect to pay more for travel insurance. For example, a cruise in the Atlantic during the hurricane season might be more expensive to insure than one outside of the storm season.
For those who frequently take trips, annual travel insurance might be the best option. As an example, a 35-year-old Maryland resident can expect to pay a $320 premium for the year. Get a quick quote using the calculator on the company’s website and enjoy 14-day free look period, during which time you can still get a full refund.
If something does happen, and you need to make a claim, you can use the online portal, call the toll-free number, or use the 24/7 mobile app, which makes it easy to start the paperless process as quickly as possible. Once you send in your claim and receive confirmation, the review typically takes no longer than 30 days.
Customer Reviews & Reputation
Part of buying travel insurance is obtaining peace of mind. That means that you want to work with a company that offers excellent customer service in the event of a personal emergency. This company, a trade name for Arch Insurance Company, has no negative reviews on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website, making it a highly regarded option for those seeking trip insurance.
However, Trustpilot information is less enthusiastic, with a rating of 3/10 and 22 negative Aon Affinity travel insurance reviews. Nonetheless, this is in line with the industry, since many of the larger companies show lower ratings.
Customer Assistance Services
With 24/7 support available through a user-friendly mobile app, you can get in touch with Aon at any time of day, which is essential when traveling across time zones. The RoamRight app has a variety of useful tools including language translation, document storage, travel tips, and emergency contact info and aid.
The website offers an easy and instant quote calculator so that buying travel insurance is a painless process. Policyholders can access their account, view policy details, and start the claims process.
Aon Travel Insurance Phone Number & Contact Information
- Homepage URL: https://www.roamright.com/
- Provider Phone: 1-800-699-3845
- Headquarters Address: 2345 Grand Blvd Ste 900, Kansas City, MO 64108-2685
- Year Founded: 1982
There are several other travel insurance providers that deserve consideration as well which you can see in our Best Travel Insurance Companies article.
These companies didn’t make our list of top providers but we have created some more detailed reviews that you can view below:
- Allianz Travel Insurance Review
- Aon Travel Insurance Review
- Carnival Travel Insurance Review
- Chubb Travel Insurance Review
- CSA Travel Insurance Review
- Expedia Travel Insurance Review
- Hotwire Travel Insurance Review
- IMG Travel Insurance Review
- InsureMyTrip Travel Insurance Review
- JetBlue Travel Insurance Review
- John Hancock Travel Insurance Review
- Medjet Medical Transport Insurance Review
- Orbitz Travel Insurance Review
- Patriot Travel Insurance Review
- Priceline Travel Insurance Review
- Progressive Travel Insurance Review
- Red Sky Travel Insurance Review
- Ripcord Travel Insurance Review
- Travel Insured International
- Travelex Travel Insurance Review
- USAA Travel Insurance Review
- USI Affinity Travel Insurance Review
- World Nomads Travel Insurance Review