Pure entertainment. Pure love. That early-morning paw to the face. That’s why we love our pets.
It’s also why we want to be able to take care of them no matter what happens.
And being both lovers of pets and lovers of insurance, here is our comprehensive guide on everything you need to know for insuring your pet with one of the best pet insurance companies.
Finding the Best Pet Insurance For Your Pet
It’s difficult when our critters are injured, get sick, or grow old. But this is when we have a chance to return the same comfort and care to our pets that they have continuously given us.
Pet insurance is a solid way to prepare our pets and our hearts for tough times. And it’s essential to find the right policy from the best pet insurance provider so you can get the best coverage at the best price.
After extensive research, we’ve put together this list of the top 10 providers. Let’s take a closer look at each one, what they offer and how they stack up against their industry competition.
Top 10 Pet Insurance Companies
Here are the 10 best pet insurance providers in 2021:
- Best for Online Access: Figo
- Best for Customizable Plans: PetPlan
- Best for Fast Claims Processing: Embrace Pet Insurance
- Best for Exotic Animals: Nationwide Pet Insurance
- Best for Discounts: PetFirst
- Best for Senior Pets: Pets Best
- Best for Animal Awareness: ASPCA Pet Insurance
- Best for Years of Experience: PetPartners
- Best for Coverage Options: Progressive Pet Insurance
Since 2012, Figo has taken an innovative approach to pet insurance, beginning with the introduction of the Figo Pet Cloud technology platform where you can manage your account including filing claims online.
The company holds an excellent A rating by A.M. Best (underwriter: Markel American Insurance Company).
Really, for a younger insurance company, Figo offers coverage for an extensive list of conditions and treatments.
- Hip dysplasia, hereditary and congenital conditions are covered unless it is a pre-existing condition
- Alternative and holistic treatments are included
- Exam fees and some behavioral therapy are also covered
- Plans have a 100% reimbursement level and unlimited benefit options
- Mobile app for account maintenance
- Straightforward claims processing
- No upper age limits for both dogs and cat
With Figo, you manage your account online via a mobile app, contacting customer service, uploading documents, and more. It helps keep you organized when it comes to your pet care. Who doesn’t want that?
Petplan has been offering comprehensive pet insurance coverage with customizable plans since 2003.
- All plans cover illnesses, accidents, chronic and hereditary conditions
- Broadest plans offer extras including boarding fees and travel reimbursement in certain situations
- Covers vet exam fees
- 24/7 customer service
- Free online quote to compare plans
- Reimbursement levels up to 100%
- Some pre-existing conditions may be covered after an exclusionary period
- No maximum age limit for both cats and do