What’s New in 2021 for Ladder Life Insurance
Ladder prides itself on offering term life insurance at customized rates.
How has Covid-19 Affected Ladder Life Insurance?
Covid-19 has impacted individuals and companies worldwide, but Ladder Life assures its customers that their health and coverage are still their number one concern. Ladder Life’s policies will cover those who passed away from Covid-19, and they promise their clients that they are equipped to handle large amounts of payouts if there are many deaths due to Covid.
The company’s application process is online, and the underwriting is remote, so they are not affected by lockdowns and quarantines due to the virus. If the insurance requires an in-person medical exam, their examiners will follow the CDC guidelines’ social distancing protocols.
New Products or Changes
Safe Butler has announced they are partnering with Ladder to help customers shop for insurance policies more efficiently and at the best rates. “The partnership with Ladder allows us to provide a similar experience for life insurance with prestigious and convenient choices from trusted brands,” says Safe Butler’s CEO.
Ladder Life Insurance in the News
Ladder Life Insurance and Hannover Life Reassurance Company of America reported the rising success that their partnership has been having over the past few years. Hannover Re Us’s Senior VP and Chief Underwriter, Kevin Oldani, says, “Ladder has made huge advancements in the life insurance industry with their modern technology and relentless dedication to customer-focused design as observed in a growing number of life insurance applications.”
Ladder also made the news with their AI technology that bypasses the middleman when shopping for insurance policies.
2021 Latest Ladder Life Insurance Reviews
Ladder has received excellent reviews on Trustpilot, earning a 4.8/5 rating. Most customers appreciate the streamlined and straightforward application process and are happy with the rates they received. The customer support department received positive reviews as well. Clients also report being pleased that the medical examination was conveniently conducted in their own homes’ safety.
Some clients report being disappointed with Ladder’s email communication method and would prefer to communicate by phone instead. There have also been some complaints of poor communication in general, with applicants reporting they had not received any response from Ladder’s customer support, but they are in the minority.
Senior citizens reported that they were too old for Ladder’s policies and could not receive insurance through the company. There are also reports of discrimination from applicants who take medication that does not impact life expectancy, such as for ADHD, and they too were denied coverage.
Despite some negative feedback, most reviewers appear to be satisfied with Ladder Life Insurance’s service.
Searching for a term life insurance policy can often feel like a grind. It usually involves going to the doctor for a physical and a lot of waiting for your quote before you decide to sign a contract. Wouldn’t it be nice if there was an option to be approved for term life insurance without the enormous hassle and the wait?
Ladder Life Insurance offers quick-term policies that often skip some of the more annoying steps typically involved in applying. They also provide term policies for more substantial estates, which are often harder to insure. With an online quoting and application experience, Ladder Life Insurance Company offers speed, ease, and affordability to consumers looking for life insurance to protect their family and lifestyle.
As a newcomer to the life insurance arena, Ladder has a lot to live up to. In this review of Ladder Life Insurance Company, we address financial stability to pay claims (one important factor when choosing a life insurance company), the type of products offered, coverage amounts, how Ladder is rated compared to other life insurance companies, and pros and cons to consider.
Table of Contents:
IS LADDER LIFE INSURANCE REPUTABLE?
Ladder Life Insurance was established in 2017, so it’s a little challenging to get a solid opinion of their capabilities or long-term longevity. They have, however, made a name for themselves since their incorporation by offering term policies for larger estates.
Ladder is backed and underwritten by Fidelity Security Life Insurance Company, a company that has received A ratings from several different rating boards. Allianz Life Insurance Company of New York issues Ladder’s New York policies and is rated A+ on rating boards.
Ladder definitely has the financial security to make a decent showing in the life insurance market. But it may be too soon to definitively pronounce them “a good company.” The current customer reviews are all positive, proclaiming that the site is both easy to navigate and has excellent customer support.
WHAT DOES LADDER LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY OFFER?
Ladder offers term life insurance policies. After the specified length of time for the term life insurance policy, coverage expires if the insured is still living. Companies like Ladder Life give the option to renew the policy up to five more years, but the premium will increase based on the insured’s age at the time of renewal. Term policies are life insurance policies that expire within a set amount of time if the plan is not activated (the policyholder survives the term of the insurance). Term policies are often less expensive than universal life policies, which can run hundreds of dollars per month, but last as long as the policyholder is alive.
Term plans afford more flexibility, but some volatility in the level at which they protect their policyholders.
It’s often painful to find term plans that cover large estates. More substantial estates expose the insurer to additional risk and require more of a payout if the policy is activated. Also, term plans often require a level of underwriting in the form of complete medical physicals and application processing.
Ladder Life Insurance removes those problems. They make the application process simple for everyone by putting the application online and often approving plans without the need for a physical. And they offer term plans for large estates valued over 1 million dollars.
LADDER LIFE TERM INSURANCE POLICIES
Ladder Life Insurance offers term policies, which keeps the rate locked in for a specific length of time. Ladder Life Insurance Company offers term lengths of:
One thing that stands out with Ladder Life Insurance is its high maximum amount of coverage. For term life insurance with Ladder, coverage begins at $100,000 and goes up to $8 million. Healthy applicants can get coverage without a medical exam, making it even easier and faster to get term life insurance coverage.
of 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30 years with payoffs between $100,000 and $1 Million. Ladder Life Insurance Company’s lower-tiered, lower coverage policies are often slightly more expensive than the industry average. But their higher-end plans are cheaper than most similar products.
If your finances or circumstances change, Ladder has a unique solution not found with other term life insurance companies. Simply log into your account and update the policy to meet your needs.
- Ladder Up: Let’s say you get married or have a baby, and now you need more coverage for life insurance. Maybe you need to extend the term, too. Ladder is one of the few offering this option, however, just know that the new coverage is priced at your current age and may be subject to new health questions.
- Ladder Down: You can also reduce the face value of your term policy if needed. Maybe you paid off your student loans or mortgage and no longer need as much coverage. Ladder Life Insurance Company will review the policy and make the adjustments to reduce the coverage amount, which also reduces your premium.
Ladder also offers the ability to quickly change your policy with its easy application process (that often negates the need for costly physicals). If your circumstances change, you can apply for a higher or lower coverage level without going through another round of lengthy applications.
They may require additional security measures, however, so the easy application process may not be automatically available for all applicants.
LADDER LIFE INSURANCE COVERAGE RESTRICTIONS REVIEW
Though Ladder Life Insurance has several term options to choose from and high face amounts, there are some restrictions on coverage to be aware of.
Coverage is limited to U.S. citizens or permanent residents living in the U.S. for over two years.
Only people between the ages of 20 and 60 can apply for coverage. Terms are restricted based on your current age plus the term length, which can’t be more than 70 years. So, if you’re 50 years old, the longest term life insurance coverage period you can apply for is 20 years.
It’s also worth noting that Ladder Life Insurance Company does not offer riders on their term policies. If you’re looking for add-ons like child’s term coverage, waiver of premium for disability, and accelerated death benefit, you won’t find them with Ladder.
Keep these restrictions in mind when you review and compare other life insurance companies to Ladder Insurance Company.
LADDER LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY RATINGS REVIEW
Ladder Life Insurance bases its financial security on the success of Fidelity Security Life Insurance. Fidelity Security consistently scores an A rating from most financial accounting companies. This reliable financial backing results in stable products that are securely funded and underwritten, so the level of risk associated with a new company is low.
The reviews written by Ladder Life Insurance Company customers are overwhelmingly positive. Most people appreciate how easy the system is to operate. And they’re quite happy with the conscientious level of customer service. Most reviews listed are in the four to five-star range, which suggests a very high level of satisfaction.
Both Fidelity Security Life Insurance and Allianz Life Insurance Company have lower-than-average scores with the National Association of Insurance Commissioners. The national average company complaint is 1.00, with Fidelity’s at 0.30 and Allianz Life’s just a bit higher at 0.32. This means consumers make less than half the complaints expected in the life insurance market.
Ultimately, though, Ladder Life Insurance is a new company. It began in 2017, so it doesn’t have the longevity or endurance of other major term life insurance suppliers. Customers should take that into account when applying to purchase a policy.
PROS & CONS REVIEW OF LADDER LIFE INSURANCE
- Easy to sign up. Ladder makes applying (and getting accepted) a streamlined and straightforward process. Customers only need to sign up and apply online. Customer service is widely reported to be excellent. They’ll walk customers through the entire process to maximize the potential to get results much faster than other providers.
- More control. The easy application process makes adding or subtracting value or length of the terms a straightforward process without a lengthy application process. Customers can sign up for longer terms, or extend the value of their term policy with a few clicks.
- Online account management. Ladder Life Insurance keeps all of the vital information about your policies entirely online, so they can be reviewed and altered at will. Print your information directly from the website, review your plans, and pay premiums online.
- No permanent policies. Ladder offers no permanent policies, so there is no chance for policies to exceed their cash value. Nor is there any possibility to receive dividends from them after retirement. Ladder also refuses to approve any policies for people older than 60 regardless of the terms chosen.
- No riders. Some companies offer riders as add-ons to a term life insurance policy, which can make it more affordable than a stand-alone policy. Upon review of Ladder’s term life insurance policy, there are no rider options available.
- Higher Rates. The average premium cost for any of Ladder’s term policies is higher than the industry standard. The premium cost does go down in comparison with the amount of coverage chosen, however. And with coverage amounts up to $8 million, almost anyone can find the right amount of coverage to protect their family’s lifestyle should the insured pass away, even high-income earners or those with a large estate. they offer higher cash values than many other life insurance companies. The higher cash value makes them an attractive option for those who may have had poor credit early in life but managed to come into a large estate.
- Customer service issues. Though most customers report favorable responses from Ladder’s customer service, some have said that it can be challenging to get a representative on the phone. For a company that operates almost entirely as an internet platform, this can be annoying and frustrating when you’re experiencing difficulty with your policies.
- Too Much Info Required. You need the same amount of information regardless if you’re looking for a quote or applying for a policy.
WANT TO COMPARE THIS LADDER LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY REVIEW?
If you’re considering Ladder for your term life insurance needs but still want to read more reviews, here are a few to compare: