If you’re over 60, you might be worried that you’re too old to buy life insurance.
… or perhaps you have a medical concern and wonder if you can even qualify.
We can help!
At Huntley Wealth Insurance, we specialize in understanding and meeting the life insurance needs of individuals ages 60-69.
Whether you are coming to us as a healthy, non-smoker, or if you have medical conditions such as diabetes, previous bouts with cancer or heart troubles, overweight, or are a smoker, we are experts at helping you find the most affordable premiums from the highest rated insurance companies.
Let's get started by you selecting your primary concern...
Monthly Premiums for Healthy Male, Ages 60-69 Years Old
Age $100,000 $200,000 $300,000 $400,000
60 Year Old Male $28.62 $52.03 $72.30 $94.66
61 Year Old Male $31.15 $55.57 $79.61 $104.40
62 Year Old Male $35.32 $58.82 $84.92 $110.99
63 Year Old Male $39.67 $67.04 $97.05 $127.07
64 Year Old Male $43.24 $77.27 $112.24 $147.22
65 Year Old Male $49.02 $87.14 $126.90 $166.65
66 Year Old Male $54.03 $99.29 $145.11 $190.94
67 Year Old Male $59.25 $111.13 $158.17 $208.71
68 Year Old Male $63.34 $120.15 $170.69 $225.42
69 Year Old Male $67.60 $128.67 $183.48 $242.47
(10 Year Level Term Life Insurance Quotes – Premiums based on healthy, male, non-smoker. Rates valid as of 7/3/16, subject to change)
For a customized quote based on the exact term length you want and your health, please use our quote form on the right, or click here, or call us at 877-443-9467.
Most term life insurance policies available for all ages from 60-69.
All term lengths can be purchased through your sixties except 30 year term, which is not available over age 60, and 25 year term, which is available through age 65.
So you can buy 10, 15, 20 and 25 year term up to age 65. At age 65, the 25 year term option falls off.
What Type Do You Need?
For most life insurance needs, term life will suffice.
This is a temporary coverage that offers a guaranteed level premium and death benefit for 10, 15, 20, or 25 years, after which time the premiums increase.
See our reasons to buy life insurance below. Typically the only reason to consider a permanent policy such as guaranteed universal life insurance or whole life insurance is if you have an estate planning, charitable planning, or inheritance goal.
Some of you may be in your sixties wondering why you need life insurance anymore. Here are some of the reasons our clients buy life insurance into their 60’s.
Reasons Life Insurance is Needed in Sixties
There’s a lot going on over age 60. You need to think about:
- Social Security
- Medicare or Medicaid
- and Leaving a Legacy
… how does life insurance fit in here?
Here are the top reasons people need life insurance in their sixties, and how we might be able to help you.
- Income replacement – You’re still working and want to leave your spouse, partner, or children a death benefit. Term Life Insurance is probably your best choice for income replacement.
- Estate Planning – You may need to add liquidity to an estate filled with real estate or business holdings, or after 2010, you may need the insurance to pay for estate taxes.
- An Inheritance – You don’t care how old you are when you pass. You want to leave something to your family.
- Business Insurance – For Key Man Insurance or Buy-Sell Agreement
- Used in conjunction with a Trust – Common uses are to fund an AB or Bypass trust, or Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust.
- Cover a Loan – perhaps you have some debt or a mortgage, that you don’t want to leave to your spouse or children upon your passing. Life insurance is a wonderful tool to take care of debts at death.
- Single or Joint Annuity – Say you’re 68 years old and your wife is age 62, and upon your retirement you’re given the option of taking $40,000 per year single annuity payment for your life or a joint annuity payment of $30,000 for you and your wife. You might spend $5000 per year on life insurance and take the single annuity.
- Social Security – Perhaps you or your spouse is trying to decide whether to take social security income as soon as it’s available at 62 years old, or should you wait until 63, 64, etc. Full retirement age is 67. You may need some coverage for you or your spouse once you’re on a fixed income. The life insurance could be helpful in the event one of you passes prematurely.
Perhaps you’ve tried buying life insurance but couldn’t qualify due to a medical condition.
At Huntley Wealth, we are the high risk life insurance experts.
So it doesn’t matter if we’re talking about a history of something mild like blood pressure or high cholesterol, or something serious like a stroke, obesity, or diabetes.
Have You Seen Our Tagline?
“From Broken Hearts to Missing Parts… Yeah, We Cover That!”
Let us help you. Get a quote using the form on the right and let our experts get you the coverage you need.
Use an Independent Agent and Call Today!
You’ll also want to use an independent agency who can make sure you get the lowest term life insurance rates from multiple insurance companies. Please call us for a quote at 877-443-9467. For more information about us, please visit our About Us page and my Google + page.
INSTANT QUOTES FOR 10, 15, 20, AND 25 YEAR TERM, RETURN OF PREMIUM AND UNIVERSAL LIFE AVAILABLE TO THE RIGHT.*Written by Chris Huntley. Huntley Wealth Insurance and its representatives do not give legal or tax advice. Please consult your own legal or tax adviser.