THE HUNTLEY WEALTH SCHOLARSHIP
Helping Students Attend College Who Have Lost a Parent
NOTE: Due to COVID-19 pandemic, 2020 Scholarship awards were awarded behind schedule on June 22nd, 2020. Accordingly, the deadline to submit an application was May 29th, 2020. Winners were notified by email. We thank you for your patience!
After the June 2020 round, we are pausing the Huntley Wealth Scholarship for the time being. If this changes, we will update this page. Thank you for your applications and support!
Every year, Huntley Wealth offers scholarships to college students who have suffered financial hardships because one or both of their parents died uninsured. The death of any parent is a tragedy, but when a parent dies and leaves the family in financial peril, it can become a disaster that derails their children’s plans for education and achievement.
We invite college students who find themselves in this situation to apply for the Huntley Wealth Scholarship, either in writing or on video. Each year, we select two scholarship winners who have compelling life stories of personal and financial loss. Find out how to apply here.
We are honored to have presented a Huntley Wealth Care Scholarship to the winners below. We hope these awards have helped lighten the financial burdens they face as they work their way through college and beyond.
2020 Huntley Wealth Scholarship Winners
2019 Huntley Wealth Scholarship Winners
2018 Huntley Wealth Scholarship Winners
Scholarship Details and Requirements
As of the last June 2020 round, the Huntley Wealth Care Scholarship awards a total of $3,500 in prize money once a year, to high school seniors and college students.
Scholarships are awarded to students who have lost one or both parents, who either had no life insurance or were underinsured.
- Each year, a $2,500 cash scholarship will be awarded for “best video” and another $1,000 cash scholarship will be awarded for “best essay,” for a total of $3,500 awarded.
- Submission Deadlines: Submissions must be received by May 29th, 2020.
- *We are pausing Huntley Wealth Scholarship for the time being after this round*
- Winners will be announced via email by June 22nd, 2020.
- Applicants agree to grant Huntley Wealth & Insurance Services lifetime license of the essay or video submission, agreeing it may be displayed and shared in our marketing materials, including, but not limited to, our website and social media channels. See our Privacy Page for more details.
- Copyrighted Material – Please do not use any copyrighted images or music in your video.
Be Creative! For example, you don’t have to record yourself (selfie-style), although that is more than acceptable. If you’re not comfortable with that, you might try recording slides/pictures on your computer screen.
TWO WAYS TO APPLY
You may submit an essay or a video to be considered for the scholarship.
#1 – Essay submissions must be at least 500 words and may be written in MS Word or a Google Document. Please email your essay (or a link to it) to [email protected].
#2 – Video submissions should be 1 to 3 minutes in length (an amateur cell phone recording is fine).
Upload your video to YouTube or any other video hosting platform, and email your video URL to [email protected].
In either case, tell us your story AND:
- Who did you lose?
- How did that impact your life financially and how do you think your situation would be different if your parent or parents would have had life insurance?
- Where are you attending (or planning to attend) college and what are you studying?
- How would this scholarship money help you?
The winners will be selected based on needs and the overall persuasiveness and quality of their video or essay submissions.
- Students must be 17 years old to apply.
- Immediate family members (children or siblings) of Huntley Wealth & Insurance Services are not eligible.
- Any field of study is acceptable.
- There is currently no GPA requirement.
- High school seniors and college students are eligible – high school seniors must include in their email submission the name of their current high school and the name of the college they plan to attend next year.
- College students (undergraduate students only) must also provide a copy of their unofficial transcript and email it to us (pdf file is preferred) with your video or essay submission.
- Email submissions must use the subject line “HW Scholarship Submission-[your full name]”. Please include your name, phone #, and mailing address within the email.
- If submitting a video, scholarship recipients must provide Huntley Wealth the full winning video file in .wav or .mp4 format to collect funds.
- Students must attend school in the U.S.
- Scholarship recipients and non-recipients may reapply each semester if the scholarship is reactivated.
- Scholarship funds must be used for education-related expenses.
Thank you! We look forward to receiving your essay or video submissions!
Life Insurance Ownership Statistics
While the point of our Care Scholarship is to give back to the community, obviously, the stories we read and watch here are a real slap in the face (especially for those of us who are parents) to ensure we have proper life insurance in place.
In fact, the numbers are grim.
- LIMRA estimates that more than 37 million U.S. households have no life insurance at all
- Over 40% of Americans would feel a financial impact within 6 months if the primary bread-winner were to die
- Yet 65% of Americans say they won’t buy because they believe it’s too expensive or services like internet, cable, and cell phone bills are preventing them from buying
We simply are not ok with these excuses.
So our message to you is this:
If you don’t have life insurance and you have a spouse or children who depend on your income, get it today!
There’s really no excuse:
- Not sure where to start? Here are the basics.
- Don’t think you can afford it? Check out our Pennies from Heaven Strategy (as well as 25 other savings tips) here.
- Have a medical issue? We gotcha covered.
- Need a ballpark quote? Go here.
So whether it’s from Huntley Wealth or another agency, we don’t care. Please, just start the process!
If you are interested in getting a quote from Huntley Wealth, here’s a bit about us:
We’re an independent life insurance agency out of San Diego, CA, specializing in serving clients 50 and over.
We are passionate about helping individuals obtain the most affordable coverage that fits their financial plan, especially to those with high risk medical conditions.
At Huntley Wealth our tagline is:
“From Bad Hearts to Missing Parts, We’ve Got You Covered”
We help clients with medical issues ranging from mild conditions, such as high blood pressure & high cholesterol, to diabetes or history of stroke, heart attack, or cancer, including tough cases like getting life insurance for 70 to 75 year olds.
We are also passionate about helping you discover how much life insurance you need, the benefits of term vs. whole life insurance, and enjoy helping affluent families as well as business owners with their special needs.
Monique Pyne - Runner up for Fall 2017 Scholarship
Matthew Town - Winner of Fall 2017 Scholarship
Hanna Boykin - Winner of Spring 2017 Scholarship
Invitations on insuranceblogbychris.com for application for insurance are made through Consumers Advocate Group, LLC (and in Florida: Consumers Advocate, LLC, and in New York: Consumers Advocate Group of Washington, LLC), an independent agent/producer, and its designated insurance producer, Francine Powel, only where licensed. All license numbers are available here and automatically provided as required by law. Consumers Advocate Group, LLC and Francine Powel are licensed insurance producers in all states and the District of Columbia. Partial list of licenses of Consumers Advocate Group, LLC and Francine Powel include National Producer Numbers 17651093 & 17613858, Resident State of Washington 892652 & 889919, Arkansas 100133617 & 17613858, California OK54069 & OK36946, Louisiana 662576 & 661089, Massachusetts 1987330 & 1984318, Minnesota 40439498 & 40437799, Texas 2170808 & 2022858 & 2019069, and Utah 536206 & 534286.
Commercial use by others is prohibited by law. No portion of insuranceblogbychris.com may be copied, published, faxed, mailed or distributed in any manner for any purpose without prior written authorization from the owner.
Insurance policies described, quoted, shown, and illustrated throughout this website are not an offer for the sale of any particular insurance policy or product, only an invitation for application for insurance coverage and may not be relied upon. There are many variables in different insurance coverages and companies, including various insurance company standards and offerings, underwriting requirements and may not be available in all states.
“Insurance Blog By Chris” is a trademark of Ad Practitioners LLC.
Copyright © 2019 – All Rights Reserved