Since 1862, John Hancock Insurance has created and provided insurance and financial services to those searching for a solution for insurance coverage, investments, and retirement.
This company is a part of Manulife Financial Corporation, a Canada-based financial company that serves people across the U.S., Canada, and Asia.
About John Hancock Life Insurance
With a mission to make a difference in the community, John Hancock has designed various products to assist you through each stage of your life.
- Learning how to invest your assets.
- Focusing on earning money throughout your retirement.
- Covering yourself and your family members with life insurance.
John Hancock wants to make sure you gain a life insurance policy that enables you to meet financial planning goals and needs, preserve your family’s legacy, and protect the well-being of your loved ones.
With term, permanent, and final expense options, John Hancock has the tools needed to help every customer succeed.
John Hancock Life Insurance Quotes and Application
Those interested in working with John Hancock can grab a free quote instantaneously.
You can link up with a licensed Coverage Coach over the phone who can guide you through your options and help you customize a policy that meets your specific wants and needs.
For greater convenience, you can fill out a quick form online to see what type of eligible coverage makes sense for you.
Simply input your name, gender, birthdate, location, health condition, and amount of coverage you need to see your quote.
John Hancock Life Insurance Policies
There’s always a main focus on protecting your home, cars, and personal belongings, but the most important asset is life itself – and it deserves protection.
John Hancock Life Insurance wants to prepare you for life’s unexpected events with a life policy that meets your personal wants and needs and covers your loved ones when they need it most.
The life insurance options offered include:
- Term life insurance is one of the most straightforward options you can get. It’s a lower-cost coverage option that extends the length of your choice at 10, 15 or 20 years. Therefore, you decide how long you want coverage and how much money your family would need in the event of a disaster. This type of policy is generally used to cover college tuition, pay an outstanding mortgage, replace lost income, or cover short-term debts.
- Permanent life insurance is an option that makes sense if you want a policy that grows with you during the twists and turns presented during your lifetime. It helps you protect your family from financial burdens that result from the unexpected. The customized premium payment options, lifetime death benefit, and tax-deferred cash accumulation are some of the many benefits that make this an attractive choice. This type of policy is generally used to grow retirement income, preserve your family legacy, protect your business, or provide additional income for your loved ones.
- Final expense coverage is dedicated solely to your family members and assisting them financially throughout and beyond the grieving process. Between medical bills, funeral services, and other debts, your loved ones may feel the stress of costly burdens left behind. A final expense policy gives you and your family members peace of mind after your passing.
John Hancock Life Insurance Riders
The legal term rider refers to a provision that adds benefits or amends the terms that are generally included in a basic life insurance policy.
This enables consumers to add additional coverage and other benefits.
John Hancock offers two different rider options for customers to enhance their policies, including the Long-term Care Rider and Critical Illness Benefit.
- The Long-term Care Rider allows you to put use of your death benefit toward long-term care expenses to help your family members after your passing. This benefit only kicks in during the waiting period of the policy, not if the illness is diagnosed before the effective date.
- Critical Illness Benefit provides you with a lump sum in the event of a critical illness.
John Hancock Life Insurance Discounts
Some insurance providers will offer customers a discount based on variables that prove a healthy or improved lifestyle.
John Hancock, for example, created the Vitality Program to help you protect your family’s future while also saving on coverage.
It comes in two different options: Vitality GO and Vitality PLUS.
Vitality GO is the basic version of the program that’s included with your policy for free.
It comes with personalized exercise and nutrition tips, as well as a log to record healthy habits to earn points to use towards discounts on your policy and rewards like wearable fitness devices.
Vitality PLUS comes with all of the great benefits of GO and then some.
For example, you can earn up to 15% in annual premium savings and receive a wearable fitness device like an Apple Watch for just $25.
For more information on the John Hancock Vitality Program options, reach out to a Coverage Coach.
John Hancock Life Insurance Financial Strength
- Underwriter: John Hancock Life Insurance Company
- Marketshare: 3.32% (2017)
- Premiums Written: $4,244,125,290 (2017)
- Standard & Poor’s Financial Rating: AA-
- Moody’s Financial Rating: A1
- AM Best Financial Rating: A+
Financial strength plays a major role in determining whether a life insurance provider has the means and assets to support customers through an unanticipated event, according to the Insurance Information Institute.
With over 150 years in the business, John Hancock gained a solid reputation in terms of financial strength.
For example, it currently holds an AA- Standard & Poor’s rating, an A1 Moody’s rating, an A+ AM Best rating, and an AA- Fitch rating, which all prove that John Hancock:
- Can meet ongoing insurance obligations.
- Has strong financial security.
- Holds low credit risk characteristics.
- Is capable of meeting policyholder and contractual obligations.
John Hancock Life Insurance Reviews and Customer Service
Beyond financial strength, it’s also important to know how other customers feel about working with a certain life insurance provider.
John Hancock is accredited by the Better Business Bureau and has been since 1996.
Additionally, the insurer holds an A+ rating for its ability to handle business and interact with its customers.
John Hancock Life Insurance Phone Number & Contact Information
- Homepage URL: https://www.johnhancock.com/
- Company Phone: 800-225-5291
- Headquarters Address: 200 Berkeley Street, Boston, MA 02116