American Independent Car Insurance Review
Since 1971, American Independent Auto Insurance, a subsidiary of American Independent Insurance Companies, Inc., has provided a wide variety of quality insurance products including:
- Auto insurance
- Life insurance
- Renters insurance
- Homeowners insurance
- Business and Commercial insurance (great for business owners)
- RV/Boat Insurance
- Motorcycle Insurance
Located in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania, American Independent Companies, Inc. specializes in low-priced automobile insurance.
Recently the company has also begun offering different types of insurance through both insurance agencies and companies such as: Good2Go Auto Insurance, Omni Indemnity, Omni Insurance, Apollo Casualty, Bankers Independent Insurance. Good2Go Auto Insurance is specifically known for offering policies to high-risk motorists.
This American Independent Auto Insurance review will provide important information about what makes this company unique. By getting drivers behind the wheel for less money upfront, their website has an online free quote calculator that makes it easy to estimate your auto insurance policy premiums.
Coverage Offered by American Independent Auto Insurance
American Independent insurance agents offer the following types of car insurance coverage:
- Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability: This pays for injuries and death that you or another driver causes when driving your car. It reimburses others for damage to another vehicle or property such as a building or utility pole.
- Collision: This optional coverage handles damage to your car as a result of a collision with another vehicle or other object if you’re at fault. Collision policies also cover damage from potholes or from rolling your car.
- Comprehensive: This protects against theft and damage due to an incident other than a collision, including fire, flood, hail, vandalism, falling rocks, and other hazards.
- Roadside Assistance: This coverage takes care of towing to the nearest repair shop and basic emergency services like fixing a flat tire or delivering essential auto fluids.
- Rental Car Reimbursement: When your car is being repaired after an accident, rental car reimbursement pays for a rental until yours is fixed.
American Independent Auto Claims Satisfaction
After creating a policy with an American Independent Auto representative, the contact between you and the company’s independent agents is typically minimal.
Unless you want to change policy personal information details like your home address, phone number, or add a new driver or vehicle to the policy, the majority of interactions happen during the claims process. You don’t have to stress about needless phone calls. That’s why we placed so much importance on claims satisfaction when looking American Independent Auto Insurance reviews.
Market research firms such as J.D. Power rank insurance providers using unique criteria. Something all rating companies share, however, are the three key performance indicators used to rate the claims process. These KPIs are ease of service interaction, communication, and timeliness of responses.
J.D. Powers gives an excellent overview of most major insurers though, doesn’t include American Independent Auto insurance. However, the Better Business Bureau has some basic information on the company.
Although the BBB rates it an A+ based on size, time in business, and other factors, the three available American Independent Auto ratings give the company an average of one out of five stars.
American Independent Auto Customer Reviews
When drivers shop around for insurance companies, customer satisfaction is another important factor.
All interactions the company has with its customers should be considered, including how complaints are managed and how well the company responds to questions from its policyholders and prospective clients.
The National Association of Insurance Commissioners calculates complaint ratios and compares them to the national median of 1.00. In the 2017 study, American Independent Auto Insurance (NAIC #17957) shows a complaint ratio of 1.18. This is slightly above the national median, but actual complaints have been decreasing, from 15 in 2015 to 4 in 2017.
All car insurance policy prices incorporate several factors such as the driver’s gender, age, driving history, geographic location, and type of car.
For comparison purposes, it’s always a good idea to look at potential scenarios, such as the following. as provided by the states of California and Florida.
- Single Female (licensed 9 years): One car (Toyota Camry), one violation and one no-fault accident in the preceding three years, work driving use of 12,000 miles per year, living in Miami-Dade County, Florida
- Single Male (licensed 9 to 15 years): One car (Toyota Camry), no violations, driving around 12,600 to 15,000 a year, living in San Francisco County, California.
You can use the rate search tools for the states of Florida and California to better understand how slight changes in variables can significantly change your premium costs, although American Independent is not listed as an available company in either option.
Unfortunately, the company doesn’t offer a rate or comparison tool on its website either, but it does claim to be a low-price insurance solution for drivers with questionable driving records.
Many consumers don’t think to research a company’s financial strength or its stability before signing up for an insurance policy, but it’s actually an important part of your American Independent Auto insurance review.
Otherwise, it’s hard to say whether the company will cover you in the event of a claim.
The Insurance Information Institute offers information to consumers on how to find American Independent Auto insurance ratings from five independent companies.
A.M. Best stopped American Independent Auto insurance ratings in March 2017, when it rated the company’s financial strength at a C+, a dismal rating indicating profound doubts about the company’s ability to meet its claims obligations. Moody’s Investors Services does not currently rate the company either.
However, you can obtain financial information from the NAIC for use by an independent third-party financial reviewer.