Life insurance can help protect the financial stability of your family should the worst happen.
Without the benefit of your income, your family may struggle to meet mortgage payments, car loan payments, college tuition, utility bills or other essential costs.
But there’s a way to provide for your family even if you pass: life insurance. With a policy in place, you can be sure loved ones will have some financial assistance in the event of your passing.
Comparing insurers, their respective offerings and cost-savings, can take up a lot of time — time you might not have each day.
Using an online marketplace like Federal Trust Life Insurance Company can help you narrow the options down.
Table of Contents:
About Federal Trust Life Insurance Company
The good thing about life insurance is that there are innumerable options to fit your needs. There are different types of policies — like term versus whole — as well as ways to add protections, take advantage of discounts and find the best rate. However, the downside of all this choice is that shopping for a policy can be difficult.
Federal Trust Life acts as a middle man of sorts, connecting top-rated insurers with consumers. Completing a short list of questions about age, sex, and health will help generate your quote and the ideal policy. With this information, you can either contact the insurer and discuss the policy further, or use it in comparison shopping.
Federal Trust Life Insurance Quotes
The Federal Trust Life Insurance Company website acts as a simple tool for consumers to do initial research about what policies and rates are available to them. Using the site, you can get your quote, choose coverage and compare providers in minutes.
The streamlined tool is an advantage for consumers, who can reduce the time and effort needed to scour the web for the best policy. Federal Trust Life Insurance Company makes the process even easier by integrating with DocuSign. This allows you to sign up for a policy online without having to leave home or sort through immense paperwork. The tool does, however, offer a PDF of a template contract for reference.
Federal Trust Life Insurance Policy Options
It’s important to remember that Federal Trust Life Insurance Company is an online marketplace, it does not provide the actual policy. The site does not specify which types of life insurance consumers can find using it; in general, common policies to be familiar with include:
- Term life: These policies are active for a fixed number of years and often come with a lower rate than permanent plans. Families sometimes use term life for coverage during a specific life event, like when kids go to college. Having financial protection against higher education costs can help during the near term, and consumers can allow the policy to expire. They may also have the choice to upgrade into whole life.
- Whole life: This policy guarantees protection for as long as you live and make monthly payments. While whole life comes at a higher rate, that rate is constant throughout the lifetime of the policy, whereas term rates are variable. Whole life also includes the benefit of cash value: A portion of your premium payments are set aside in an account you can access for different reasons. It’s like equity in your policy, but just remember any loan you take out will count against the death benefit paid to beneficiaries. There’s also interest to consider.
- Long-term care: Another common policy is long-term care insurance. This offers coverage against rising medical costs, often experienced in older age. If physical or mental conditions begin to cost more and more, your family may struggle to meet other needs. Long-term care, which Federal Trust Life Insurance Company mentions on its site, can help mitigate such health care costs.
Federal Trust Life Insurance Riders
A rider on your life insurance policy is an adjustment to the base coverage. Usually, riders will add protections. For example, you could purchase an accidental death or disability rider that increases your coverage, or a clause that increases or accelerates your death benefit if certain criteria are met.
Federal Trust Life Insurance Company does not include any information about potential riders. However, providers are often more than happy to discuss riders further if you contact them. It may be worth it to do so. While riders do come at an added cost, the investment may an efficient one to further protect the future of your loved ones.
It’s imperative that you look at all opportunities to save on life insurance. That may mean bundling your policy with a home or auto policy, or perhaps money off the premium for setting up autopay. While chances to save on life insurance are sometimes less common than with homeowners or auto insurance, it doesn’t hurt to inquire about discounts.
As with riders, Federal Trust Life Insurance Company does not have any available information on its site about discounts, but consumers are encouraged to contact a provider they connect with while using the marketplace.
Is Federal Trust Life Financially Strong?
Financial stability is a huge consideration in searching for a life insurance provider. A stable insurer is able to pay claims quickly and in full. Conversely, a provider without a history or recognition of financial stability may be a riskier bet to work with.
While Federal Trust Life insurance Company is not assessed for financial stability — given its role as a marketplace and not a claims payer — consumers should absolutely check the providers they come across in using the online tool.
Large credit rating agencies like Moody’s or Standard and Poor’s can have data on financial stability, as do insurance industry rating organizations, like AM Best. Examining the financial stability is crucial, as you don’t want your family to be stuck with a provider that can’t pay claims.
Federal Trust Life Insurance Company Reviews and Customer Service
Customer service is an important measure of a provider. The best providers are ones that walk you through your options, answer questions promptly about policy specifics, and can efficiently process claims.
Federal Trust Life Insurance Company is only the marketplace through which you will find such providers, but when you do, do the homework on their customer service history. Steps include looking at Better Business Bureau and Trustpilot reviews, as well as viewing the National Association of Insurance Commissioners complaint ratio. The ratio will show how many complaints have been lodged against a specific provider in comparison to the average for the rest of the industry.
Phone Number & Contact Information
- Homepage URL: https://federaltrustinsurance.org/
- Company Phone: (855) 369-5320
- Headquarters Address: Lots 81-82 Street C Suite 204, Dorado, PR 00646
*While we make every effort to keep our site updated, please be aware that "timely" information on this page, such as quote estimates, or pertinent details about companies, may only be accurate as of its last edit day. Huntley Wealth & Insurance Services and its representatives do not give legal or tax advice. Please consult your own legal or tax adviser.