How We Make Money
We take transparency seriously.
Our content is free because we earn a commission when you click on a link or make a purchase through the links on our site. We want to make sure that you understand how we make money and who pays us, so we want you to know that we partner with several advertisers who we have a paid relationship with. If you choose to click on the links on our site, we may receive compensation. If you don’t click or use the phone numbers listed on our site, we will not be compensated. Ultimately, the choice is yours.
Regardless of partner or compensation, we consider many additional factors, which are the result of editorial research to provide insights on all the different topics we write about on our website.
Companies we’ve listed affiliate links for on our site must pass an initial quality screening. They must demonstrate integrity and fair dealing, and to the best of our knowledge have no recent history of serious legal and ethical issues.
Our writers’ and editors’ judgments are not influenced by bias, conflicts of interest, or financial considerations. We require our writers and editors to create and publish free from internal and external pressures.
Additional elements that affect who is featured on our website sometimes include historical data, such as the number of consumer visits to a partner site, percentage of sign-ups and purchased services, the user device, operating system, location, or even the day of the week or time of day.
Offers available through our affiliate partners on our site are subject to change. Our partners’ performance and/or payout may influence their placement on our website, including the order in which they appear on a list. For example, our partners sometimes get premium or additional placements on our website and in our marketing materials.
The analyses and opinions on our site are our own and our editors and staff writers follow guidelines to ensure editorial integrity. Our brand stands for accuracy and helpful information. We know that we can only be successful if we take your trust in us seriously.
While we try to feature as many products on our site as we can, we can’t always feature every product out there. If you think we’ve missed something please let us know by getting in touch.
- Our team is committed to being the trusted source for honest, accurate, helpful and thorough information across a wide range of topics. To earn and maintain your trust in us, we adhere to principles of editorial independence.
- Except as otherwise noted in an article, the content on our site is original, reliable, and understandable. Our editors’ reviews are not influenced by bias, conflicts of interest, or financial considerations. We require our writers and editors to make independent judgments free from internal and external pressures.
- Despite making our best efforts to publish content that is accurate, there is a chance we may have missed some details, or that new information becomes available after publication. If we discover a mistake, our editors will promptly correct the information. Companies may also reach out to our Editorial Team periodically to request factual updates to our content, but our writers and editors ultimately reserve the right to publish this content on the basis of their Editorial Guidelines.
- Our Editorial Team is separate from our Marketing and Business Development teams. Our editorial opinions are in no way affected by our advertising partnerships. Our writers and editors do not accept, and are prohibited from accepting, compensation of any sort from individuals or entities who are featured or may be featured on our website. Companies may sometimes loan us products or extend their services free of charge to help make our job easier, but our judgments are made independently and not on the basis of these free products and services. Occasionally, we will keep a review unit for an extended period of time to fully evaluate it and over time. Acceptance does not constitute implied or actual endorsement.
- Our writers and editors are forbidden from accepting money or other considerations from individuals or entities as a condition or incentive to write any type of content on our site, whether favorable or unfavorable. However, our content is free because we earn a commission when you click or make a purchase using our site. This content is all clearly and conspicuously disclosed. Our advertising partners may select which content they wish to pay us referral fees for, however, we do not allow our Marketing or Business Development teams to control or interfere with the editorial integrity of our Editorial Team and the content they create.
- We do not allow threats, bullying, or intimidation to influence what we publish.
- We respect intellectual property and do not repost content that is not rightfully ours without permission. If you have any questions or need to get in touch with us regarding ownership of content on our site, please get in touch with us.