Bear River Mutual Insurance Review (2022)
Bear River Mutual Insurance Company provides affordable coverage options across Utah. Products include home and auto insurance and flexible renters, condo, and umbrella coverage.
Free Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Mar 28, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different insurance companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by insurance experts.
Are you feeling overwhelmed by your search for the right insurance company? Are you wondering how to determine which provider is best for you? If so, you came to the right place. We provide access to quick, free quotes and honest company reviews, so you can make a confident decision. Today, we’ll explore the products offered by Bear River Mutual Insurance Company.
This article will analyze the coverage options, financial ratings, and customer reviews for Bear River Mutual.
Bear River Mutual Insurance Products
Bear River Mutual has been insuring Utah homes and cars for longer than any other company in the state. The company’s philosophy is to deliver fair, honest, and prompt service to select customers at affordable rates.
Bear River only sells insurance policies to customers who do not drink or use drugs.
The company offers a wide range of insurance products that you can customize to fit your needs. Coverages include home, auto, renters, and more. Bear River’s independent agents can help you select the best plan for your situation.
Bear River Car Insurance
Bear River Mutual holds its customers to high standards. Doing so, however, allows the company to charge lower rates than competitors.
The best car insurance companies give you access to flexible choices.
Auto coverages available with Bear River include:
- Liability. This is the most basic form of auto insurance. Most states require this coverage, and it pays the costs if you injure someone else or damage their property with your vehicle.
- Physical damage coverage. Also known as collision and comprehensive coverage, these protections pay for damage to your vehicle. Collision covers losses resulting from hitting another object. And comprehensive pays for non-collision accidents, such as theft, weather, or vandalism.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist. This coverage protects you and your assets if you are in an accident caused by a driver with little or no insurance.
- 24/7 roadside assistance. This feature covers towing, lockout services, and fuel delivery. You can add it to your policy by speaking to an independent agent.
- Rental car reimbursement. If your vehicle is undriveable after a covered accident, this feature will pay for your temporary use of a rental car.
- RV/motor home/trailer. You can protect your assets by adding this coverage to your auto plan.
Bear River’s independent agents can help you select the best coverage for you.
Bear River Home & Condo Insurance
Bear River Mutual only insures homes in Utah. This indicates that your rates aren’t based on claims from states prone to hurricanes or tornadoes.
Home insurance coverage includes:
- Primary residence. Protect your home with Bear River’s home insurance. A variety of protections are available, and an agent can help you customize the plan for your needs.
- Secondary residence. You can protect your seasonal or vacation home with this coverage.
- Personal liability. This protection covers you if someone is injured or if someone’s property is damaged in your home due to your negligence.
- Earthquake. This feature protects your home and belongings from earthquake damage.
- Condominium. Condos often require special protections. You may qualify for special discounts on your condo insurance.
- Equipment breakdown and utility/service line coverage. This protection covers electrical devices and equipment in your home. Coverage is also available for buried utility lines, such as gas, electricity, water, and sewer.
Insuring only Utah homes allows the company to provide the best prices for Utahns. An agent can provide you with more details about discount opportunities and customization.
Bear River Mutual Renters Insurance
Renters insurance is an excellent way to protect your personal belongings. Bear River’s plan for renters gives you access to customizable protection. Coverage available for renters includes:
- Personal property. Your belongings are covered against theft, damage, destruction, etc. Your plan may also protect the personal property of guests in your apartment.
- Loss of use. Your plan will pay for temporary living expenses if your property is uninhabitable after a covered loss.
- Additional coverages. Renters plans may include other coverages, such as debris removal and repairs.
Bear River Mutual renters plans cover personal property against fire, lightning, windstorms, hail, smoke, vandalism, theft, etc. An agent can give you a complete list of covered perils.
Bear River Dwelling Insurance
Dwelling insurance is available for personally owned homes, buildings, duplexes, and fourplexes.
Bear River’s dwelling insurance covers:
- Dwelling. The home used mainly as a living space is the dwelling. Structures attached to the house and tools and materials used for work on the dwelling are also covered.
- Other structures. Structures not attached to the home, such as garages or sheds, are covered under this feature.
Dwelling coverage is usually written for rental properties. Bear River’s dwelling insurance might help you protect your assets if you own a rental building.
Bear River Umbrella Insurance
Umbrella insurance is liability coverage to supplement your primary policy. It can help pay for things that your primary plan doesn’t cover.
Umbrella insurance with Bear River covers you against:
- Damages. Your plan will pay for damage you cause to others, up to the limit of liability.
- Lawsuits. The plan covers the costs to defend yourself against a lawsuit if your primary policy provides insufficient coverage.
Bear River Mutual’s umbrella plans can be written with $1-$2 million limits.
Enter your ZIP code below to view companies that have cheap insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Bear River Mutual Ratings & Reviews
As you continue your search for a new insurance company, remember to check the financial ratings and customer reviews. You can learn so much from these two sources, as they reveal the company’s credibility and trustworthiness.
Financial ratings are third-party appraisals of an insurance company’s ability to meet specific obligations.
Bear River Mutual Insurance Company has an A- (excellent) rating with A.M. Best, one of the country’s most trusted financial reviewers. Additionally, the company’s outlook is stable.
Bear River Customer Reviews
Aside from financial ratings, customer reviews are another excellent source of information about a company. Reviewing customer complaints and praises allows us to determine how the business treats its patrons. This information tells you if the company honors its commitments and respects its customers.
Bear River Mutual is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB). However, the company holds an A- based on customer submissions. It has 1/5 stars based on six customer reviews.
Bear River has far better Google reviews. Here, the company has an average rating of 4.6/5 stars based on 1,603 customer reviews.
While the BBB reviews are generally unfavorable and accuse the company of poor customer service, the Google reviews are glowing. Many customers celebrate their friendly agents. Others praise the company for an easy claims process and quality services.
Comments are similarly positive on Clearsurance, where the company has 4.11/5 stars based on 57 customer reviews.
Bear River Mutual Insurance in a Nutshell
Bear River Mutual Insurance Company provides coverage options to select customers across Utah. To qualify for Bear River’s products, you must abstain from consuming alcohol and drugs. These measures, while strict, allow the company to offer lower rates than competitors.
Bear River Mutual’s product line includes home and auto protection, renters and condo insurance, and dwelling and umbrella coverage.
The company’s website is somewhat limited. Information is sparse, and the company relies heavily on independent agents to provide plan details.
Bear River Mutual is well-rated by A.M. Best, and customer reviews are generally positive. While there are scattered negative complaints, most patrons praise the company’s service and agents.
Overall, Bear River Mutual provides a valuable line of insurance products. Coverage is flexible, and you can work with an agent to find the best plan for you and your family.
However, before you make your final decision, remember to do lots of research. Take your time and compare many options to find the right coverage for you and your loved ones.