Here’s a recent case study about a man with a very unique prostate health issue, that shows how we get results for our clients.
Real Story of Tough Prostate Approval
To sum it up, this client was incorrectly diagnosed as having prostate cancer, then had a surgery to remove part of his prostate as a preventative measure.
This case requires special attention. You wouldn’t want to submit this to just any company. Some pre-application work needed to be done.
This is not the type of case you would want to send to an inexperienced agent.
I got all the details about the case, and submitted the following email to two dozen of the most lenient companies we have on high risk medical issues… companies like Prudential, Transamerica, Protective, and Banner.
Here’s the case summary I drafted. As you read it, you should ask yourself, “How many agents would have gone to this trouble to get me approved for life insurance?”
Hello, I have a male, age 63, non tobacco user, 6’2, 216 lbs.
My client is a successful business owner, and former physician. He has enjoyed excellent health, with the exception of an abnormal prostate biopsy, which I will cover extensively here. He needs 500-550K of term coverage.
Other pertinent details:
- Takes med for HBP, well controlled. Average reading is 120/75.
- Total cholesterol a bit on the high side at 220 average, but good chol/hdl ratio of 4.8. Does not take meds for this as he does not react well to statins.
- Has an open rx for Wellbutrin. Uses as needed for mild depression.
- Recent CT arteriogram showed excellent heart condition, showed no plaque in any of the main arteries, just a small amount of blockage in one of the small, distal branches coming off the LAD. No concern about this or treatment needed.
- No hazardous hobbies, activities, travels, etc., excellent driving record.
In short, over the last 2 years, he had a possible cancer diagnosis and Gleason 6, which was then refuted by John Hopkins. Then, as a preventative measure, had a small portion of his prostate removed by HIFU procedure, and currently has a clean bill of health with normal PSA.
If you’d like more details than that, see below:
- As a result of elevated PSA of 10, had biopsy done showing 10% of 1 core out of 12 was read as cancerous, with a Gleason score of 6, done Beth Israel Medical Center.
- Prostate was found to be 70 cubic cm.
- Had biopsy re-read at John Hopkins (the #1 prostate health facility in the U.S.). They read it as completely normal.
- John Hopkins did a 14 core biopsy with concentration on the previous area of interest. That biopsy was also read as normal.
- PSA was low/normal at that time (around 1) due to chemical suppressants, standard procedure to shrink prostate for biopsy.
At this point, he has a clean bill of prostate health. As a physician, he opted for the gold standard of procedures to be done to rule out any cancer beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Therefore, in Nov 2011
- Had Three Tesla MRI done – read as abnormal 2 cm area in left peripheral zone of prostate, possibly cancer, but not definitely cancer.
- Elected to have small part of left prostate ablated in a procedure called HIFU, which was done in the Bahamas, as it is not yet an approved procedure in the U.S. (no current plans to travel outside the U.S.)
- Feb 2012 – taken off of chemical suppressant, so now we would expect PSA to come back up to normal.
- Repeat Three Tesla MRI done, read as having 2 areas of potential abnormality. Late January 2013, both areas were biopsied with 12 cores, all shown as normal.
- PSA is stable at 2.3-2.9. Prostate size now is 40 cubic cm.
With his prostate history now behind him, what kind of offers can we expect? You can see that he preventatively manages his health to the highest degree.
Success in Finding Life Insurance with Trial Offer Request
The results I received ranged from a “decline” to a “Preferred” tentative offer from Prudential Life Insurance company. This is an amazing tentative offer.
Please note that although Prudential quoted a “Preferred” rate, this is by no means a guarantee that you’ll get offered a Preferred rate if you have a similar health history.
Every health history is unique and you’ll need to speak directly with your agent about your particular case.
Learn More About Life Insurance Testimonials and Success Stories
At Huntley Wealth, we fight for the best deal for our clients. This is one of the chief complaints against the huge online agencies — I wrote a detailed Select Quote Review and Complaints article recently, which basically sums up the fact that the agents at Select Quote aren’t able to do this type of work for their clients due to their sales quotas. I back up my ability to succeed with real life trial offer stories, please check out our Testimonials Page and see what other satisfied clients had to say!
Call Now for a Trial Offer Life Insurance Quote
To find the best insurance rates and finding life insurance with a health issue you want to speak with a knowledgeable professional, who can discuss health issues and your options. If you need help with your health issue then call me right now at 888-603-2876.
*While we make every effort to keep our site updated, please be aware that "timely" information on this page, such as quote estimates, or pertinent details about companies, may only be accurate as of its last edit day. Huntley Wealth & Insurance Services and its representatives do not give legal or tax advice. Please consult your own legal or tax adviser.