While I’m not affiliated with Intelliquote, I’ll admit here are many benefits to doing business with a life insurance agency like Intelliquote, which I’ll present in this article. They have a good name in the industry amongst other insurance professionals, and by no means do I intend to defame them in any way in this Intelliquote Review. There are, however, a few drawbacks to using a large agency. Please weigh your options carefully.
Intelliquote Review – Benefits or Advantages of Using Intelliquote
- Full Service, Well Established Agency – To begin, there’s no doubt Intelliquote is a legitimate contender in the life insurance industry, licensed in all but 2 states, and dominating the Google search engines for multiple life insurance keyword searches. They also offer from A to Z, from term and whole life insurance to guaranteed issue and final expense types of policies.
- Knowledgeable, Well-Trained Agents – In life insurance, the name of the game is finding the insurance company willing to offer you the best rating, because best rating equals lowest premium in most cases. The agents at Intelliquote are trained to ask questions about your health, lifestyle, smoking habits, and weight before giving any quotes, and I’ve heard they are generally very good at offering legitimate quotes rather than “teaser rates.”
- They also offer Term Life Insurance Quotes on their website for free, but you have to fill out a lot of information before seeing a quote.
- Independent Agency – Since they’re contracted with multiple life insurance companies, they can take your case to the company that will offer you the best deal in most cases.
- More pros can be found by clicking on this Intelliquote Review.
Compare Insurance Premiums to Intelliquote Life Insurance
Intelliquote has no leg up on anyone when it comes to insurance premiums, since in the life insurance industry, premiums are level across the board. What you pay at my agency is what you pay at Intelliquote, and is also the same if you call the insurance provider directly. The only competitive advantage a company can gain is by specializing in impaired risk cases, and knowing which company will likely make a better offer than the others. Intelliquote is very good at this selection process, but as thorough as some independent agents who work at smaller agencies, and have the time to dedicate to each case.
Disadvantages Purchasing Life Insurance through Intelliquote
The only disadvantage I’d like to point out in my Intelliquote Review is that they have grown too large. I’ve heard from other industry insiders that they have dozens of insurance agents, who have strict production requirements, which affects service in a couple ways. How much detailed attention do you expect to receive from an Intelliquote agent when he/she needs to take 5 applications per day to make a living? Many life insurance cases, particularly ones when medical impairments are involved, require a few hours of research prior to giving quotes, such as calling up insurance company underwriters describing your case to see how they might rate you. Intelliquote agents simply don’t have time for this level of service, and most will try to quote you and sell you during your first conversation.
Next, don’t expect to ever speak to your Intelliquote agent again after your policy goes in force. Again, remember, he/she has to keep picking up the phone and drumming up new business. So let’s say you have a child or a grandchild. How many people think to add a child or grandchild to their life insurance beneficiary list? Or let’s say you quit smoking or lose a lot of weight after putting a life insurance policy in force… Did you know you can apply for a reclassification and potentially reduce your premium down the line? The point is, every insurance agent should be making annual check-up calls to review their clients’ current situation and be sure they are getting the best deal on the market, ask about health changes, confirm beneficiaries and address, etc., but I’ve read many Intelliquote reviews stating that Intelliquote clients never hear from their agent.
In summary, Intelliquote is a wonderful life insurance agency, but I don’t feel they are the best out there. If you learn one thing from this Intelliquote review, please know there are many other independent life insurance agents, such as my own, that offer a superior level of service to their clients. We rarely give quotes on the first call because we don’t believe in “selling” life insurance. We do our research, present the best quotes, educate our clients about the different life insurance options, and allow the client to decide for him/herself. To compare life insurance quotes – term use our form on the right for an instant quote.*While we make every effort to keep our site updated, please be aware that "timely" information on this page, such as quote estimates, or pertinent details about companies, may only be accurate as of its last edit day. Huntley Wealth & Insurance Services and its representatives do not give legal or tax advice. Please consult your own legal or tax adviser.