Affordable Life Insurance Is Possible If You Have Been Rated or Declined
If you’ve tried to apply for life insurance with nothing but wasted time and rejection to show for it, don’t lose heart. There is hope at Huntley Wealth.
We’ve been getting approvals on tough cases since 2004. Believe me… If we can help a client with a heart transplant to get approved, or another guy who we were able to help with stage III kidney disease, you better believe we can help you too.
Perhaps an approval will be easier than you think…
If you were declined or highly rated by a company who really specializes in auto insurance, such as Farmers or State Farm Insurance, this is actually a plus. These companies are notorious for stingy, harsh underwriting. They’ve been known to decline people for history of sleep apnea, prostate cancer, marijuana use, etc., whereas all of these can be approved by most of the companies we work with, and in many cases at Standard rates or better.
If you have a minor health condition or hazardous hobby or job and were declined, you simply applied to the WRONG company. We work with over 2 dozen insurance carriers, many of which are far more forgiving on certain types of risks than other carriers.
Two Quick Examples:
- I recently helped a 61 year old female with diabetes type II, (well controlled, diagnosed 5 years ago, taking Metformin) get approved at Preferred Non Tobacco with a major, A rated company.
- We recently got an approval for a 46 year old male with sleep apnea. He had no other medical conditions, and uses his CPAP religiously. We were able to get him a Preferred Non Tobacco offer, again, from a top rated company.
What about the Tougher Cases? (History of Stroke, Heart Disease, Alcoholism, Piloting, Active Military, etc.)
You might look at the examples above and think, “Well, diabetes and sleep apnea are one thing. But I’ve had a major medical issue,” such as a 4 way bypass surgery, or history of epilepsy, or cancer or obesity.
We’ve had great success with these too. It’s all about taking the case to the right company, the one that will be most obliging to the particular risk.
We also have some companies who have credit programs or table shave programs, both of which reduce the total class rating and premium.
For example, last year, I helped a gentleman who had had a heart valve replaced (mitral valve), to qualify for Lincoln National’s table shave program, which ended up getting him a Standard Non Tobacco offer. The full case details and client testimonial can be found here.
How We Get Approvals on Tough Cases
There are 3 reasons for our success.
- We are Independent Agents – Don’t waste your time with a “captive” agent who can only apply to 1 company. We can apply to any of the 2 dozen companies we work with. When you have been in business for 8 years and specialize in high risk cases, you learn which companies permit which types of risks. In short, we know where to apply!
- We run Trial Offers – We find out all the details about your medical condition or high risk condition, and put your case out to bid to over 2 dozen insurance companies all fighting for your business. Underwriters from the insurance companies write us back with “quick quotes”, or what we call trial offers. When we submit a tough case along with a trial offer, our chances of being approved at the same rate quoted by the underwriter is very high. Click here for more information on our trial offer process.
- Downright hard work and determination – We really do fight for our clients with unequaled determination, and we’re especially dedicated to those individuals with high risk cases. We’re a small business here, (It’s just Kim Ely and I), and I can assure you that nothing makes us happier than securing coverage for someone who has been declined or heavily rated at another company.
Read Our Case Studies and Testimonials
In summary, hard work, independent status, and trial offers are our 3 keys to success on tough cases. I have chronicled the stories of some of our most difficult cases, which are located on our About Us page. Please take the time to read through them, and call us with any questions about the types of cases we have gotten approved or about the specifics of your case at 888-603-2876.
Also be sure to visit our main high risk life insurance page for more information on being approved for life insurance with a tough medical issue.